Transcends – Connecting the Internet of Things with People (Web, Cloud, Big Data, Analytics, Mobility) Enabling Smarter Sensors. Smarter Applications. Simpler Solutions.
Transcends is proud to announce the RIFIDI® 3.7 public release, further “Connecting the Internet of Things (IoT) with People”. This release was made possible through client implementations, the RIFIDI open source community feedback, surveys, forums and our dedicated global engineering team.
The key focus of this release is to continue to harden the Rifidi Edge Server in production environments through providing additional monitoring, LLRP enhancements, container service management and enhancing existing server management features. The product team continues to enhance the Edge Server to further reduce end to end implementation timelines through more configuration options, out of the box production ready settings and streamlined product documentation, Another key feature of this release is ensuring full Java 64 bit support.
Highlights of the new features in the RIFIDI® Edge Server release:
- Full Java 64 bit Support
- Rest OSGI Container Management – Start, stop, install, uninstall & list OSGI bundles
- Monitoring – Push notifications of server keep alive via MQTT.
- Monitoring – Push reader exception notifications via MQTT,
- Adapter – Added REST interface to the Generic adapter used with Handhelds/Smartphones
- Rest LLRP Encoding – validate session state in processing and provide necessary response
- Rest Server Management – Stop & Restart Rifidi Edge server
- Rest Server Management – Fixed issue with Rest currenttags throwing exception for Alien type readers
- Rifidi Services – Key fix for read zone monitoring service (used when developing custom Rifidi Applications and Transcends Products) to ensure accurate arrived and departed events trigger when multiple readers and antennas make up a single zone.
- Other Key Bugs Fixes listed in the release notes
- Backward compatibility with RIFIDI 1.3 and 2.x , 3.x applications & solutions
- Full RIFIDI 3.7 release notes
Transcends constantly improves, updates and enhances our robust, open source Rifidi product to better meet users’ needs. Candidate features for our next release, based on feedback from clients, community, projects, forums, collaborations and partnerships, include the following.
- Continue to enhance the Rifidi Edge server to further reduce end to end implementation timelines through more configuration options, auto-tuning such as antenna power settings and streamlined product documentation,
- Floor plan/Google Map sensor management dashboard
- Integration with visualizations/dashboards/analytic tools
- Pure configurable Rifidi Apps (no coding required)
- Rifidi App marketplace
- Rifidi App provisioning enabled via OSGi P2 infrastructure
- Support for other Java IDEs such as NetBeans
- Framework upgrades/additions (Spring, Maven and Provisioning)
- Further security integration
- Additional features based on suggestions from community
Accelerate your IoT adoption with RIFIDI®. Connect your RFID reader and sensor network. Analyze you sensor information in real-time and over time. Optimize your business processes. Integrate with the enterprise. Differentiate your products, solutions and organization. By utilizing the Power of RIFIDI®, the possibilities are boundless across many verticals (retail, healthcare, transportation, manufacturing, recreational) from global enterprises to local small and medium sized businesses.
Transcends’ Current Products and Solutions
- RIFIDI Platform – Rifidi Edge Server
- Business Solutions – Asset Tracking, Inventory Management, Inventory Control w/ Handheld User Interface – Pricing available on the product website
- Appliance – RIFIDI Pi Embedded Appliance
- Appliance – RIFIDI Box Appliance
- Solutions – Smart Sensor UHF Gen2
Thank you for all the contributions and support. We look forward to continuing to work with the RFID community to bring innovative, valuable business solutions to the market.
Transcends Product Development Team
White Paper & Blog History
- January 2017 – Announcing RIFIDI® 3.6 Release –Key Feature: ALE Implementation – Further Connecting the Internet of Things with People.
- July 2016 – Transcends named as one among the Top 10 Retail Security Solution Providers 2016 by Retail CIO Outlook
- April 2016 – Transcends Exhibiting IoT Sensor/RFID Edge Platform @ MIT Connected Things 2016 Conference
- December 2015 – Transcends Announcing RIFIDI® 3.4 Release – Connecting the Internet of Things with People.
- October 2015 – Internet of Things and the Role Transcends Powered by Rifidi Plays
- May 2015 – Transcends Announces RIFIDI® 3.3 Public Release. Includes Key Feature RIFIDI Enterprise Management Dashboard
- March 2015 – Announcing RIFIDI® 3.2 Public Release
- December 2014 – Transcends and ThingWorx, a PTC Business, formalize partnership adding Rifidi Platform to theThingWorx IoT
- November 2014 – Announcing Rifidi 3.1 Public Release – REST, API, MQTT, Failover and more
- September 2014 – Better Understanding The Real Value in the Internet of Things (IoT)
- June 2014 – Internet of Things (IoT) Model – Where is your organization and How RIFIDI® can accelerate
- June 2013 – The Transcends Products & Solutions are Easy as 1-2-3
- March 2013 – IoT Reference Architecture – The New Internet: People + Things = Internet Ecosystem
- December 2010 – Definition of an Edge Server: