Transcends – Connecting the Internet of Things with People (Web, Cloud, Big Data, Analytics, Mobility) Enabling Smarter Sensors. Smarter Applications. Simpler Solutions.
Transcends is proud to announce the RIFIDI® 3.5 public release, further “Connecting the Internet of Things (IoT) with People”. This release was made possible through client implementations, the RIFIDI open source community feedback, surveys, forums and our dedicated global engineering team.
The key focus of this release is to provide enhanced features for Transcends Asset Tracking Solution in which a user can define read-zones and target events (for example asset arrived and/or departed a read-zone) to be delivered to a integration channel such as email, MQTT and database through pure configuration in the Enterprise Rifidi® Management Dashboard. This also allows for easy integration with Cloud/SaaS Platforms like Amazon, Azure, & Salesforce.com and IoT Platforms such as AWS IoT, Thingworx, GE’s Predix &Ubidots.
Click here for a real life video on how Transcends Rifidi Edge Platform is leveraged in a Salesforce integration.
Transcends also provides further Rifidi appliance options on the Raspberry Pi3 & Intel NUC and additional out of the box support for more RFID sensors such as Thinkify TR-265, Zebra FX9500 & Honeywell IF2.
Highlights of the new features in the RIFIDI® Edge Server release:
- Database – Added PostgreSQL to the database jumpstart application – The world’s most advanced open source database
- Adapters – Easier configuration to enable or disable auto connect sensor session at server startup
- RSSI – Filter tag reads by RSSI (received signal strength indicator) at reader and antenna level via configuration.
- Plugins – Added out of the box JavaMail support
- Sensors – Support for Thinkify TR-265 USB Reader and Zebra FX9500
- Devices – Bench-marked support for the Raspberry Pi3 and
- Diagnostic – Ability to view current tags on reader in Dashboard
- REST – Extended current tags feature to include antenna information plus added set LLRP opertaions and get reader capabilities
- Additional OSGI server debugging/tracing options
- LLRP Updates
- A few key bug fixes
- Backward compatibility with RIFIDI 1.3 and 2.x , 3.x applications & solutions
- Full RIFIDI 3.5 release notes
Details: Enterprise RifidiI® Management Dashboard
As a reminder, in Rifidi 3.3 the Enterprise RifidiI® Management Dashboard was added to replace and enhance many of the Rifidi Workbench features The dashboard user interface (UI) now enables end users to manage a collection of Rifidi Edge Server nodes throughout the enterprise along with associated sensor and Rifidi application configurations. The UI is foundational for providing sensor event mashups, analytic visualizations, integration with the physical world via Google Maps/floor plans and a Rifidi application marketplace. For more about how this dashboard works, see the “details” section below.
- Edge Server Node Management – Let’s you monitor multiple Rifidi Edge server nodes across the enterprise to see connection states, properties, sensors and applications.
- Sensor Management – Provides an interface to monitor sensors’ state, manage sensors’ properties and dynamically update sensors’ execution.
- Rifidi Application Management – Allows you to monitor application states, manage sensor/reader read zones, and update both out-of-the-box business solutions and custom (via SDK) Rifidi sensor/IoT device properties, providing the foundation for a Rifidi Application marketplace.
Enterprise RifidiI® Management Dashboard
Transcends constantly improves, updates and enhances our robust, open source Rifidi product to better meet users’ needs. Candidate features for our next release, based on feedback from clients, community, projects, forums, collaborations and partnerships, include the following.
- Full support for ALE 1.1 (Application Level Events) interface
- Floor plan/Google Map sensor management dashboard
- Integration with visualizations/dashboards/analytic tools
- Pure configurable Rifidi Apps (no coding required)
- Rifidi App marketplace
- Rifidi App provisioning enabled via OSGi P2 infrastructure
- Support for other Java IDEs such as NetBeans
- Framework upgrades/additions (Spring, Maven and Provisioning)
- Further security integration
- Additional features based on suggestions from community
Accelerate your IoT adoption with RIFIDI®. Connect your RFID reader and sensor network. Analyze you sensor information in real-time and over time. Optimize your business processes. Integrate with the enterprise. Differentiate your products, solutions and organization. By utilizing the Power of RIFIDI®, the possibilities are boundless across many verticals (retail, healthcare, transportation, manufacturing, recreational) from global enterprises to local small and medium sized businesses.
Transcends’ Current Products and Solutions
- RIFIDI Platform – Rifidi Edge Server
- Business Solutions – Asset Tracking, Inventory Management, Inventory Control w/ Handheld User Interface – Pricing available on the product website
- Appliance – RIFIDI Pi Embedded Appliance
- Appliance – RIFIDI Box Appliance
- Solutions – Smart Sensor UHF Gen2
Thank you for all the contributions and support. We look forward to continuing to work with the RFID community to bring innovative, valuable business solutions to the market.
Transcends Product Development Team
White Paper & Blog History
- April 2016 – Transcends Exhibiting IoT Sensor/RFID Edge Platform @ MIT Connected Things 2016 Conference
- December 2015 – Transcends Announcing RIFIDI® 3.4 Release – Connecting the Internet of Things with People.
- October 2015 – Internet of Things and the Role Transcends Powered by Rifidi Plays
- May 2015 – Transcends Announces RIFIDI® 3.3 Public Release. Includes Key Feature RIFIDI Enterprise Management Dashboard
- March 2015 – Announcing RIFIDI® 3.2 Public Release
- December 2014 – Transcends and ThingWorx, a PTC Business, formalize partnership adding Rifidi Platform to theThingWorx IoT
- November 2014 – Announcing Rifidi 3.1 Public Release – REST, API, MQTT, Failover and more
- September 2014 – Better Understanding The Real Value in the Internet of Things (IoT)
- June 2014 – Internet of Things (IoT) Model – Where is your organization and How RIFIDI® can accelerate
- June 2013 – The Transcends Products & Solutions are Easy as 1-2-3
- March 2013 – IoT Reference Architecture – The New Internet: People + Things = Internet Ecosystem
- December 2010 – Definition of an Edge Server: