Announcing RIFIDI® 3.1 Public Release
Transcends is proud to announce the RIFIDI® 3.1 Public Release with the goal of Connecting the Internet of Things (IoT) with People”. The release was made possible through client implementations, the RIFIDI open source community feedback, surveys, forums and our dedicated Global engineering team.
Accelerate your IoT Adoption with RIFIDI®. .Connect your RFID reader and sensor network.. Analyze you sensor information real-time and over time. Optimize your business processes. Integrate with the enterprise. Differentiate your products, solutions and organization.
The release positions Transcends and the RIFIDI community to continue to bring innovative sensor driven business solutions, appliances and smart devices to the marketplace through integration with how businesses, consumers and clients interact in today’s market (Web, Cloud, Big Data, Mobility). By utilizing the Power of RIFIDI®, the possibilities are boundless across many verticals (Retail, Health Care, Transportation, Manufacturing, Recreational etc..) for the types of solutions, products and services that will emerge meeting the needs from the Global Enterprise to the Local Small and Medium Size Businesses.
The key features of the release (MQTT and REST) enable easy, seamless and lightweight sensor management and integration with associated events/rules (via Rifidi Apps)
Highlights of the RIFIDI® Edge Release
- Sensor and Application Management – Exposed the Rifidi API via REST enabling users/applications/devices to more dynamically manage sensors/RFID readers and trigger sensor events
- Edge Monitoring – Sensor/Reader Statistics, Memory, CPU, JVM, OSGI Monitoring via REST
- Edge Messaging – The Edge Server is now bundled with the lightweight messaging broker MQTT widely used within IoT. Applications can now publish and subscribe to Rifidi Messaging Events such as an event trigger by a Rifidi Readzone Monitoring Service (Also applies to other out of the box RIFIDI® Services and Custom Events)
- Rifidi App Run-time Configuration (via REST) – Ability to get/set/add/delete Application Properties and Readzones dynamically runtime
- OSGi P2 infrastructure in support of dynamic provisioning
- Fail-over Configuration – via Primary/Secondary Rifidi Edge Nodes
- Platform Upgrades and additions for Developers/Architects (Esper 5.0- Event Engine, Moquette .4 – MQTT Messaging Broker, Restlet 2.2.1 – Restful Services, Jolokia – Restful/JMX Bridge used for Monitoring, AWS 1.9.0)
- Tag Encoding – Ability to Encode RFID Tags via REST (EPC, Access/Kill Passwords, Locking)
- LLRP Updates – Ability to Inject Dynamic LLRP Configurations via REST, Performance Enhancements/Fixes
- New Sensor/Reader Adapter – Convergence Systems Limited CS203
- SDK – Rifidi Services App Jumpstart, MQTT App Jumpstart, RESTApp Jumpstart
- Few Key Bug Fixes
Backward Compatibility with RIFIDI 1.3 and 2.x , 3.x Applications/Solution
- Full RIFIDI 3.1 Release Notes
Candidate Features for next release (based on Clients, Projects, Forums, Collaboration, Partnerships)
- Floor plan/Google Map Sensor Management Dashboard
- Integration with Visualizations/Dashboards/Analytic Tools
- Rifidi Application Designer Interface
- Pure Configurable Rifidi Apps (No Coding required)
- Rifidi App Market Place
- Rifidi APP provisioning enabled via OSGi P2 infrastructure
- Out of the Box Integration/Support for IoT Partner Products
- Support for other Java IDEs such as NetBeans
- Framework Upgrades/Additions (Spring, Maven and Provisioning)
- Further Security Integration
- Additional features based on suggestions from community
Rifidi 3.1 Architecture Overview
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!