Announcing RIFIDI® 3.4 Release – Connecting the Internet of Things with People.
Transcends – Connecting the Internet of Things with People (Web, Cloud, Big Data, Analytics, Mobility) Enabling Smarter Sensors. Smarter Applications. Simpler Solutions.
Follow us on Linkedin and Twitter
Transcends is proud to announce the RIFIDI® 3.4 public release, further “Connecting the Internet of Things (IoT) with People”. This release was made possible through client implementations, the RIFIDI open source community feedback, surveys, forums and our dedicated global engineering team. The key focus of this release is to continue to extend integration options via REST, MQTT and Database, greater performance tuning options for R EST and CEP and update core platform framework components such as OSGI, REST and Spring to the latest production stable versions.
Highlights of the new features in the RIFIDI® Edge Server release:
- Restlet – Update to use Jetty by default for greater performance tuning features
- Database – Added PostgreSQL – The world’s most advanced open source database
- MQTT – Updated to latest version of Moquette .7 for full Websocket support
- Extended Rifidi sensor management via Rest
- Additional REST and Edge server logging
- LLRP Updates
- CEP (Complex Event Processing) – Updated to Esper 5.3 to resolve some performance issues with RSSI service
- Framework updates – OSGI Equinox version Mars, Restlet 2.3.5, Spring 3.2.5
- A few key bug fixes
- Backward compatibility with RIFIDI 1.3 and 2.x , 3.x applications & solutions
- Full RIFIDI 3.4 release notes
Details: Enterprise RifidiI® Management Dashboard
As a reminder, in last release of Rifidi 3.3 the Enterprise RifidiI® Management Dashboard was added to replace and enhance many of the Rifidi Workbench features. The dashboard user interface (UI) now enables end users to manage a collection of Rifidi Edge Server nodes throughout the enterprise along with associated sensor and Rifidi application configurations. The UI is foundational for providing sensor event mashups, analytic visualizations, integration with the physical world via Google Maps/floor plans and a Rifidi application marketplace. For more about how this dashboard works, see the “details” section below.
- Edge Server Node Management – Let’s you monitor multiple Rifidi Edge server nodes across the enterprise to see connection states, properties, sensors and applications.
- Sensor Management – Provides an interface to monitor sensors’ state, manage sensors’ properties and dynamically update sensors’ execution.
- Rifidi Application Management – Allows you to monitor application states, manage sensor/reader read zones, and update both out-of-the-box business solutions and custom (via SDK) Rifidi sensor/IoT device properties, providing the foundation for a Rifidi Application marketplace.
Enterprise RifidiI® Management Dashboard
Transcends constantly improves, updates and enhances our robust, open source Rifidi product to better meet users’ needs. Candidate features for our next release, based on feedback from clients, community, projects, forums, collaborations and partnerships, include the following.
- Full support for ALE 1.1 (Application Level Events) interface
- Floor plan/Google Map sensor management dashboard
- Integration with visualizations/dashboards/analytic tools
- Pure configurable Rifidi Apps (no coding required)
- Rifidi App marketplace
- Rifidi App provisioning enabled via OSGi P2 infrastructure
- Support for other Java IDEs such as NetBeans
- Framework upgrades/additions (Spring, Maven and Provisioning)
- Further security integration
- Additional features based on suggestions from community
Accelerate your IoT adoption with RIFIDI®. Connect your RFID reader and sensor network. Analyze you sensor information in real-time and over time. Optimize your business processes. Integrate with the enterprise. Differentiate your products, solutions and organization. By utilizing the Power of RIFIDI®, the possibilities are boundless across many verticals (retail, healthcare, transportation, manufacturing, recreational) from global enterprises to local small and medium sized businesses.
Transcends’ Current Products and Solutions
- RIFIDI Platform – Rifidi Edge Server
- Business Solutions – Asset Tracking, Inventory Management, Inventory Control w/ Handheld User Interface – Pricing available on the product website
- Appliance – RIFIDI Pi Embedded Appliance
- Appliance – RIFIDI Box Appliance
- Solutions – Smart Sensor UHF Gen2
Thank you for all the contributions and support. We look forward to continuing to work with the RFID community to bring innovative, valuable business solutions to the market.
Transcends Product Development Team
- October 2015 – Internet of Things and the Role Transcends Powered by Rifidi Plays
- May 2015 – Transcends Announces RIFIDI® 3.3 Public Release. Includes Key Feature RIFIDI Enterprise Management Dashboard
- March 2015 – Announcing RIFIDI® 3.2 Public Release
- December 2014 – Transcends and ThingWorx, a PTC Business, formalize partnership adding Rifidi Platform to theThingWorx IoT
- November 2014 – Announcing Rifidi 3.1 Public Release – REST, API, MQTT, Failover and more
- September 2014 – Better Understanding The Real Value in the Internet of Things (IoT)
- June 2014 – Internet of Things (IoT) Model – Where is your organization and How RIFIDI® can accelerate
- April 2014 – Transcends Announces RIFIDI® Edge Platform 3.0 Public Release – Accelerate your Internet of Things (IoT) Adoption
- August 2013 – Transcends Announces the RIFIDI Edge Platform 2.2 Release – RFID App Development Made Simple Leveraging the RIFIDI Platform.
- June 2013 – The Transcends Products & Solutions are Easy as 1-2-3
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!