Transcends is currently developing RIFIDI® Edge 3.1 along with Product and Solutions Updates based on community, customer and partner feedback.
The High Level Goals are to provide a richer interface and ease of use for managing sensors/reader devices and RIFIDI applications.
Target Release: Fall 2014
RIFIDI® Edge 3.1 Candidate Features: (Click here to nominate features and provide feedback on the RIFIDI roadmap )
- Core Framework Upgrades (Esper 5.x – Event Processing Engine,)
- Integration with Rifidi Edge API through Restful Services (such as add/remove/start/stop//update reader/senor(s) )
- Provision Rifidi applications / plugins from remote / cloud repositories (leveraging OSGi P2 Repositories as foundation for a RFID/Sensor Application Market Place)
- Richer device management interface such as integration with Google maps / floor plan layouts
- Richer SDK Interface for developing Sensor Adapters, Rifidi applications and Rifidi services
- Develop Rifidi applications on other IDEs (in addition to Eclipse such as NetBeans)
- Include custom LLRP tag report information in generic way
- Convergence Systems Limited (CSL) Reader support
- Java 64 bit support
- Primary / secondary node failover support